Saturday 31 March 2012

Bexhill box hunting...

An early start today on the first morning in East Sussex. I took a 15 minute drive and parked up conveniently to take in a nice walk through some woods.

I parked up near this cache This Way or That way by Pomz and made a quick find as it was kind of exposed. I then carried on the walk and began first series of the day.

Ghost of the Bexhill West Railway by bhanacharaid

http://coord.info/GC32HEB

There are 8 caches in this series - 7 traditionals and 1 bonus.
The 7 trads contain info required for the bonus and are collected by walking along the Railtrack trail (Dismantled railway) which is through some lovely woods.

Beginning of a lovely walk.


As the trail was a linear one, I walked it as a circular with other caches to bring me back to where I had parked. There were a few more caches placed by Pomz and 1 by Loopyhoop.


Now where have I heard of 1066 before?

All the caches were ok but the series had definately got the better ones and a nicer part of the walk.
The  bonus one was a great big Ammo can in a really lovely area.


The bonus was round here somewhere!

All in all by the time I was back at the car I had walked just short of 4 miles and loved every minute of it, a really lovely walk.

I love avenues of trees!

Once back at the car I had a quick drink break before repositioning car to walk a little more.


Buckholt Bimble by Pomz

http://coord.info/GC2HJGE

A series of 9 caches  from Sidley upto and around Buckholt Farm. The walk was a pleasant one and the caches were found no problems at all. Most of the caches were film pots  as stated on the listings.

Another neat footpath marker

On the route and after it were other caches by Pomz and I managed to find all of those 2 except for one that gave me the slip.
So overall an enjoyable walk was had. It was now back to the car and back for a days fun with Kate & Ben




In the afternoon Kate and Ben fancied doing a bit of skating down the beach front so we set off from the caravan and they skated to St. Leonards as we picked off some of the caches on the way......

Hastings is at the back somewhere!

My favourite skaters :)

Total smilies bagged today = 45



No comments:

Post a Comment