Friday 30 March 2012

Off darn sarf....

Well today all of our caching crew are off on a Sun holiday to Combe Haven near Hastings. We booked it a couple of months ago so we are looking forward to it very much.

We took the M40 and M25 route down and stopped off to bag a Little Quest cache on the way.


LQ:Buckinghamshire - The Nether Side by Alibags

http://coord.info/GC15HMB

We parked up at end of path in village and I walked 0.5 mile there and back for this one. Although it was another warm day ..the long grass on the path soaked through my mesh on trainers doh.
On reaching GZ it took me a couple of minutes to locate.
Although I enjoyed this one it was not as good a location as others I have done but still nice.

Long grass that soaked my feet!

So that was another Little Quest cache added to my list of finds

We changed over driver for a bit and Kate drove to a nearby drive by series near Thame, it was on the way back to the M40 honest guv!



Lee Park Micro Madness by woowooneenor

http://coord.info/GC2JK9P

A series of 12 tiny caches just a short distance apart, scattered all over Lee Park. These were ideal to do as cache and dashes.
The C/O had just done maintenance on the whole series and even provides pencils at cache 1 for cachers who have forgotten to bring their own....Great stuff.
I found all of the caches no problem at all and although I am not a big drive by fan, I do appreciate the effort Cache owners put in.



It was back on to the M40 and then on to the M25 to continue our journey. Once off the motorways we did a few drive by's that we happened to be passing, one of them being an Off yer trolley one which I bagged while Kate put some more diesel in the car and then we did a bit of food shopping at Sainsburys.

After 10 minutes of leaving Sainsburys we arrived at our destination for the next 3 nights Combe Haven holiday park .
Our holiday home (caravan) was not ready until 4pm so we decided to have a quick drink and sit outside the bar and then have a look round.


Ben "I get coca-cola on holidays!" ;)

This first day was not cold.... I was in a t-shirt, honest!

We had a look round and then at 4pm we went to our caravan which was a luxury model, it really looked lovely apart from all the broken handles.....




Early evening and Kate and Ben decided they would go and take a look at the Roller blading disco on site, so I thought I would nip out and sample some of the local caches.

I managed to bag 10 smilies which were close to the caravan, these were 5 singles and a series of 5 Bulverhythe by Pomz they were all pretty quick finds and 1 of them was a lovely big ammo can


Well as I was heading back I took a phone call off Kate saying there was no Roller Blading tonight.... So back to holiday home now for a Cider and then to walk up to Entertainment complex for a look around......




Total smilies bagged today = 30


No comments:

Post a Comment