Friday 16 March 2012

Elmdon Park

Well another Friday has turned up and so another days caching. I awoke at 5.50 am and was at first cache of the day at around 7am.

LQ:WEST MIDLANDS - The road to nowhere by OldNickCov

http://coord.info/GC1669A

I have been doing some of the Little Quest series of late with caching partner Jules and today as I was close to this I decided to pick it up. I parked up at end of road and then walked the rest of the way.
The cache located in Meriden is believed to be the centre of England...Always nice to take a History lesson when Geocaching..




After this I picked up a couple of drive by's before parking up on a Church car park in Elmdon Park.
The park is very close to big roads and Birmingham International airport but it really is a lovely pleasant area.

I started off doing some caches on car park side of church, picking up caches by Aramis144, matlou98 and part of a Tree series by Family B.

There was a cache up a tree right by this.
The caches were all straightforward except for one perhaps which was up a tree, infact I did not attempt that one as there were just too many muggles around. I will have to go back there with Ben and create a distraction hehe.

Down stream side.
The park really is ideal for families and good to mix the Geocaching with playtime too.
After I had managed to get all the sperate caches I decided to keep car where it was and attempt the Spotted Trail series by R&T with M&T. It was a fun little series apart from #1 being missing at the time.

I had enjoyed myself round here very much and will need to pop back for a couple. I think Ben would love the walled garden.

The Walled garden!





I did a few more drive by's and then parked up for a bit of a walk along the canal. My objective here was to pick up a TB owned by caching partner Jules and to take it on its travels for a while.
The cache was Bridge 80 by matlou98 and it was a real sneaky hide and took me a couple of minutes to locate.

Canal side


After lunch I had arranged to meet up with some caching buddies and do the Wast hills walk.

WHW 1 by Lime Candy

http://coord.info/GC3CYXH

The walk is approximately 3.5 miles long taking in 10 caches on the way. The terrain is pretty good but can be muddy in places especially after rain....of course.!

This is a lovely walk with some really fab views of the city, was just a shame it wasn't just a little bit clearer. The walk also takes you over the top of the Wast hills tunnel.

The team for the series was AirEd, Catshill Clan, the Bedfords, Turnbull Tribe & of course myself.

The rest of the team!

Baaaa!

None of the caches posed any difficulty in finding really but could see a couple maybe cause a few probs for some.


As we were having so much fun we decided that we should carry on the walk and do a Letterbox hybrid called Stagecoach Stash by Steve-e-b and Marina. This was very enjoyable and different in many ways but don't want to give anything away.





Another fantastic days caching and another 39 smilies bagged.



No comments:

Post a Comment