Wednesday 7 March 2012

By day, by night.

Around the Black Country by day.

I had time to get out and take a few caches in the Black Country today but unfortunately no long walk due to completing them all in area I was in.  So today was a matter of keep repositioning the car and then walking to the odd 1 or 2.

I dropped Kate off at work for an important meeting and made my way over to Coseley/Tipton area first. I did enjoy most of the caches I did today but did not really enjoy keep jumping in and out of the car....but thats my fault and not cache owners, I hasten to add.

My favourite cache BCN - Stick in the wood was along the canal and by geobuddy Graham, it was a really sneaky hide but I did manage to find it without any help.

I moved on to Bilston and Darlaston areas at least I think I did...I am not very good on my knowledge of these areas! I eventually parked opposite a park where there was a cache but there were some unsavoury muggles in there so left that one and moved down the road to another favourite of the day Old & New - Splash n Dash which was a very sneaky hide for where it was placed, well done Marcus and Debbie for the great hide.

I managed to have time to grab 2 more in Dudley on the way back to picking up Kate.



Worcester by night

I decided to go out for a bit of night-time caching and my caching partner Jules of thebedfords came along too, as she trying to get a few extra caches this week in order to reach a milestone at the weekend.

We headed down the motorway to Worcester and headed towards the first cache on our radar Trotshill lane end

We parked in one of the nearby residential areas, and found our way onto the network of footpaths that thread their way around the fairly new housing estates that have sprung up in the area over the last few years on what used to be fields and farmland. Many of the caches that we did were placed in or around the old oak trees that have luckily been preserved as part of the land development – a reminder of what was here before.

Some of the caches were pretty close to houses so we needed to be quick with our searches, and luckily only one of the caches proved to be a challenge. Not ones to give up, we made a PAF and were soon able to locate the cache – thanks to unowho67 for the help! Three of the caches were also close to play areas – not always the best area to be searching for caches, but at gone 9pm on a damp winter’s evening, they were totally empty and we were able to get the caches without any problems.

By the time we were finished at gone 10pm, both Jules and I were totally starving and were suddenly desperate for chips! Try as we might, we couldn’t find a chippy that was open, and had to head home starving hungry. To add to our woes, the M5 motorway was closed on the way back which delayed us a bit. But hey, caches were bagged, so no complaints!

Thanks to Jules for Worcester blog




Total smilies bagged today = 25

No comments:

Post a Comment