Thursday 8 March 2012

It's all about the numbers....

So this week I had to go out on Wednesday rather than Friday which gave me an extra hours caching. So I thought I would try and get a few over Balsall Common sort of area.
I set off early and arrived at first caches at around 7am taking in a couple on route to first series, I had enjoyed Dave (The Stranglers) easy-ish puzzle cache Golden Memories - Balsall Common and thought his hint was very clever.

Fishermans Trail by The Als

http://coord.info/GC27TB5

A series of 8 caches over a 2 mile walk around the local fishery. I extended the walk a little to take in a few more caches close by.

I started the series after parking up in a park and taking in a cache on the way to near the fisheries, all the caches were easy to find but hidden in good places with a couple of sneaky ones in there too.

Approaching first cache of the series!

A walked down the Kenilworth Greenway which was a lovely track containing a couple of solved puzzle caches and a nice big container on a traditional.

Just as it says on the tin!

I really enjoyed the variety of caches and picking up some of which I had solved the puzzles too. I doubled back up the track and headed towards Berkswell Station picking up a few more caches on way back to the car. I had to change coats and put waterproofs on when I got back to car as it was now lashing it down.....but that didn't stop me...

Old Stores?



I moved the car a couple of miles and parked up on Ye Olde Saracens Head car park, I then proceeded across the road to nab a cache by a stile before moving on to do a Letterbox Hybrid cache named Pink Panther Letterbox where I had to find a laminated photo of a plaque and then answer a series of questions to enable myself to get a set of coords for the final GZ. It was only a short walk to GZ and an easy find.

I carried on taking in 2 small series..

Dexter Series by The Als

http://coord.info/GC1T5MG

This is just a small series around the edges of fields and with 6 caches up for grabs, all caches posed no problems at all and were found quickly.


Lonely tree.

There were also a few single caches along the route and I only really had to spend over a couple of minutes on one of them. That was one that was well hidden under some leaves....I got pretty wet searching and it had stopped raining, still it made rest of walk back to the car via another small series interesting....

Cocka I had already bagged 1 of this series of 4 by The Als and had no problem with these. I visited these sandwiched in with the Dexter series.

Fungi near one of the caches.

I carried on from the last cache of this bit of the walk and was soon back to where I was parked.

It was a good place to park today.

I got back to car and took off waterproofs once more as it had stopped raining and knew I had time for one small series before meeting up with some geobuddies later.




Bloom Trail by The Als

http://coord.info/GC267PT

This is a short trail of 5 caches over 1.3 miles with no micros or nanos.
I parked up at side of road to take these caches in, it was an easy walk over the railway up a road a little and then back over railway again.




I moved on yet again and bagged a cache and dash on the way to meeting up with Jules and TurnbullTribe to grab another series.

Max's Favourite Walk by The Cuthies & Max

http://coord.info/GC34ZB0

A nice little series of  11 caches over 3 miles.

I parked up on church car park and Mrs. T was first to arrive ao whilst waiting for Jules we decided to get some info for the Heavens Above! - St. Giles multi by The webbies, we found all the info we needed except for 1 piece that eluded us....still it wouldn't make any difference as it was the last digit so a guess sufficed.

As Jules arrived we headed onwards and was soon greeted by a nice hand crafted hide to get us on the way.
A few of the caches had involved some effort put in, which is always a plus and obviously makes finding them more challenging.
The walk itself was lovely especially around Packwood House.

Sunshine-but for how long?

In between grabbing the Packwood ones we made a mile or so diversion to the final of multi but it was most definately worth it once we could find the one footpath that was hidden by big farm machinery.

Mrs.T put in the most work on Multi and so retrieved and signed cache.

We had to double back on ourselves after diversion but with lots of geo and holiday chat we were soon in some lovely woods finding another sneaky hide.
There was a couple more in Packwood before getting to a road for the final across a footpath and back on road to by the church.

A lovely area.

As we got back to our cars we said goodbye to Mrs. T and Jules and myself headed off for one more quick series before heading home. 



Box Trees Trail by Twilightsteve

http://coord.info/GC2FBRT

A 2 mile series of 6 micro's leading to a bonus  cache making 7 in total.

We parked up at the Barn pub and quickly got started on this series due to time restraints. We got round this series very quickly as terrain really was perfect when short for time. The hardest find of all was definately the bonus as it was very well covered up.
Would defianately recommend this series for people who don't like to walk far.





Another fantastic days caching in which I managed to bag 55 smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment