Sunday 5 February 2012

Snowy Day

I was actually having a lazy lie in bed this morning when my phone informed me of new notifications, I checked my emails and first one I read said 1.3 miles away.....Well I was up sharpish and after a quick wash and brushing of teeth, I was dressed and ready to go. We had had 3-4 inches of snow fall last night so I decided that I would walk from home.

Uffmoor Amble by vj1

http://coord.info/GC3BPGA

A 3 mile circular walk around Uffmoor Wood, a mile south of Halesowen. There are 10 caches in the series plus another one en route.
The woods are managed by the Woodland Trust and consist mainly of planted ancient woodland.
There is a main car park and also a few pull-ins at side of woods.

I started off at number 2 but as I was trying to get FTF's I had to give up on that and number 3 pretty quickly, from then on it was pretty much plain sailing.
The woods are always beautiful but especially so today with upto 4 inches of snow on the ground....however this made finding them a little harder.
I got FTF's on no's 3, 4 and 5 but when I arrived at #6 I could tell someone had been there before me by the tracks in the snow....this certainly made it easier to find haha.

Ben & Mummy's Snowman :)


All the others in the series I found first and I also took TB from number 10 which was probably my fave cache due to the location. By the time I had got to numbers 2 and 3 again I still struggle on both....but hey I blame the snow!!! Got them in the end though.

Total caches found = 10 ( 9 of which were FTF's)

I now have 176 FTF's



No comments:

Post a Comment