Sunday 26 February 2012

Onion Barge-e

A few of us arranged last night via the West Mids Geocaching group on Facebook to meet up to do a brand new & first series by caching partner Jules from the Bedfords. So today Mr, Mrs and Ben BCC were all out caching with Tony (All-Weather-Cacher), Dave (The Strangler), Lee (rowley104) and Neil (thornicus).
We met at 9.30am on the Crown pub carpark and after saying hi to all and getting booted up, we were on our way.

A2BG by thebedfords

http://coord.info/GC3C639

A series of 9 caches along the Worcester - Birmingham Canal, between Alvechurch and Barnt Green. Most of the caches are nice, straightforward hides and good for all cachers including geo-kids, there are also a few that require a bit more effort.



An old bridge.

The weather was a bit nippy at first but it soon turned out to be yet another beautiful morning. Infact perfect caching weather (just like any other weather).
I was quite happy to find the first cache of the day as it was obviously the first cache under my belt hidden by my caching partner Jules....it was a great cache too.
We carried on to another fab one which I am sure will get many favourite points, you will know where its going to be but will still have to find it.

The next one is one of my regular exploits.....climbing a tree....NOT!
Well before I could do anything Tony was up the tree so I had got away with it  so I opted to retrieve the mouse part of the cache which is the one to tell you to  climb higher, I did redeem myself however by climbing up the tree to put the actual cache back because I am not a wuss!!!!
Another fab cache.

Don't look down Ian!

The next cache was a nicely camo'ed one that is a little different and we were all delighted that Neil found this one as he feels that he is not a very good cacher, he proved himself wrong here. Onto the last one up the North part of the canal and a nice sized one for the kids. We have only done 5/9 caches so far and they already have something for everyone.


We bump into more Caching addicts - The Cuthies!

So we walk back the way we have came to do the southern section and find another nice sized container which will keep the kids happy and on the way to the next one we spot some caching buddies The Cuthies but without their dog Max, we had a few minutes chat in the sunshine while this well hidden cache was found.

So just 2 caches left with great company, I/We are very lucky to have so many caching friends.
My little man Ben found the next one which was another sneaky hide and then we made way to the last one.
On arrived at almost GZ I recognised where I was, I had found a cache of Butttercups only a few months back not far from this one, but we did have a quick check for that but it must be archived.
The fab hint gave Tony a quick find.

We then took a few group shots before Lee left us and we did another cache that myself and Dave had already got before.


The traditional leaning group shot.


Right it was time to head back, Kate fancied a beer at the pub and Dave had to get home..... so Neil, Tony and myself popped off to bag a nearby multi and then joined Kate and Ben in the pub.

A fantastic first series by Jules and family and well recommended from us.

We bagged 9 out of 9 for the series






After having a quick snack and a pint it was time to head off home, where we bagged one more on the way back.

Total smilies for day = 11





No comments:

Post a Comment