Sunday 12 February 2012

Skating on thin ice

Today my wife and son were off Ice Skating at the Silver Blades near Cannock and I saw it as an opportunity to go and do a bit of caching. Andy (Citrus-Lizard) and Bob (G6LPB) were at a loose end and decided to  meet up with me on car park and do some local caches together.

Who Bombed Our Card Game by baggiewhite

http://coord.info/GC3358X

A series of 5 caches in which we combined with another series by PazaUK. The area is totally new to me as I had only completed one series in the area before today. The three of us had some great fun and plenty of geochat along the way.
We parked up near this one and walked in a loop.



B2N: Newlands by PazaUK

B2N = Back To Nature

A series of 6 caches (1 being the bonus) placed along Newlands Lane which which was the subject of a Gating Order due to 'anti-social behaviour' and was closed to traffic only as recently as 2008. See how Mother Nature is not only reclaiming the Lane but also the caches too!


Taken from cache page.

It was great to see how the area is returning back to nature, such a shame other areas don't.
We bagged 11/11 smilies on these 2 series.




We then returned to car and said goodbye to Bob, while Andy and myself bagged a couple of solved puzzles and then he took me to bag 3 by the skating place, We then jumped in car once more before he dropped me off at McDonalds to grab final smiley of day and to meet back up with my wife and son.
Another great time Geocaching.

Total caches for day = 17.




No comments:

Post a Comment