Wednesday 25 January 2012

New series in the dark

I was sitting around in hope that some new local caches would be published but none were, but there were 9 published by Tim (Admin of facebook group "West Mids Geocaching") 35 minutes drive away.......so I ummed and arred and off I set hehe.
As I was about to get on M5 motorway I took a call from Steve (Hazumu) and I arranged to meet him at the parking coords.

Shire Oak Park by BlueWKD

http://coord.info/GC3A5QM

Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve is a wonderful area of Countryside, about 1.5km (1 mile) from Brownhills town centre. There are 9 caches hidden over a 2.5 mile walk.
There are some nicely crafted hides on the trail and a unique way of obtaining coords for one of the caches.

Image from cache page

Steve and I had a great time here in the pitch black. We found A pretty quickly but had to give up on B even though we know what we were looking for. Sometimes torchlight is easier to find caches and sometimes not.
We found all the others bar one which had various hides, scrambling down very muddy banks and a very stile-ish finish.
A fab little series that raked us in 7 FTF's but also 2 DNF's.

No comments:

Post a Comment