Friday 27 January 2012

Milestone closing in.

I made an early start today as I wanted to try and hit a milestone of 5000 on Sunday. My plan for the day was to go and do Rio's Romp but to get as many drive by's on the ways as possible
I managed to get 17 on the way there and by 9am I was parked up and ready for a nice walk.

Rio's Romp by The Als

http://coord.info/GC2XM3A

This is a series of 12 caches with 1 extra actually en route. The walk was under 4 miles and took less than 90 minutes. The walk was very enjoyable with mud in places, there was also some nice hides....A word of warning though....Don't try texting people on tour phone whilst walking along, as I walked straight into a 4" thick tree branch....it was painfull and bloody haha.


Photo in the cache gallery



The walk is very easy going but quite a bit of it is on narrow roads so take care. In the village, one of the caches led me to this old pump:

Old Pump with MKH somewhere ;)
I got back to my car and prepared for a few more drive by's.







I did another 13 drive by's and then met up with Julia of the Bedfords to do a few caches together.
We parked up on verge and started at Blue Arrow by Saza36, which we DNF'ed....typical my first DNF of the day was with Julia haha. We then carried on along the path to find Bridge the Gap, Wooden tube, plastic tube and then with the coords we had gained....U Tube.

Another good days caching and 47 smilies gained with just 1 DNF.

No comments:

Post a Comment