Friday 6 April 2012

Scooby Doo.....where are you?

To start the day off I had just enough time for a drive by Studio 16 - Aural Sculpture (by The Strangler) which I had DNF'ed before, today I found it straight away..... and then to get dropped off at one point, walk a mile and be picked up at another.

I managed to get:

All 3 caches were enjoyable but found quickly, the Lazy Cacher's guide being a mystery cache I had solved ages ago....Nice to have them all in the bag.


Whilst attending the Brummie Meet last week these few caches had been published and there had been lots of talk about them since. The talk was very positive although Geohatter (the reviewer) did disable them at one point due to a complaint from a cacher that the caches didn't have log books in. The truth is that they did but they weren't inside each individual cache.
The cacher who complained to the reviewer was probably chasing the FTFs and realised that they had to find them all first, I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil the theme of it as I enjoy everything Brett the c/o does.

The Scooby Doo Mysteries by mwahppets

http://coord.info/GC3FCYV

This is a set of 5 mystery, premium only caches, they are great family fun or done in a group like we did. You can walk 4 of them in under 2 miles and then reposition car for the last one.

All of BCC was out today to cache with other caching teams. We parked in the middle of Dickens Heath on a carpark behind Main Street (Approx coords N52 23.147 W1 50.175 from Memory Map) to meet up with The Strangler, Fantastic Finders!, matlou98, Family B, Dibboid & Mrs Dibboid.

As talking about these will definately spoil future fun I have decided to just add a few pics of the fun we had.

The caches:


The Mystery team on their way....pic by The Strangler

Playtime with Scooby

It was sooo scary!.....pic by The Strangler

Where's mummy?.....there they are!!

I didn't wobble much!

Yikes! What was that noise?

An absolutely fantastic time was had by all....and not just the kids..... and 1 other cache was bagged on route. Max's Spooky Pipes (nee Stye) by The Cuthies & Max



Early evening a few caches were published not to far away so I thought as I hadn't had a drink I may as well pop out and take a look at them. I had a bit of a disaster downloading GPX file to Oregon as my pc crashed delaying me by around 10 mins......amazingly I still managed 1 FTF up against team maxtrev and AdamandBeckyChater.
There were 5 released and they were all drive by's... Pedmore Cache and Dash by Caspian317
All the caches were relatively easy but some thought went into 2 of them and they were slightly harder to find due to busy road.
I bumped into Clan Bryant at one of the caches and then saw them again at 2 others, it was fantastic to meet you both

I also ended the day making a bit of a muppet of myself.....Clan Bryant had just found a cache we were looking for and I said that I was just going to say hi to Mrs. maxtrev who was sat in the layby in her car.....well! I knocked on window and she pulled window down, it then took me a full 5 seconds to realise that this was NOT Mrs. maxtrev or even a cacher DOH!!!   I was so embarrassed, all she had done was pull in to make a phone call.....

A funny end to a fab day all round....



Total smilies bagged today = 15



No comments:

Post a Comment