Saturday 23 June 2012

Wet & Wild

A quieter and much later start to this weeks Saturday as Mr. Bedford was away and not back home till lunch time, so around 2pm I was picked up by caching partner Jules.
She had planned this weeks caching and made in nice and easy due to a few probs I have had with my health lately.....I have been suffering Sciatica but not sure what or if there is any damage until I manage to get a MRI scan.....but enough of that. lets stay positive.
Today due to the pain I have been in it was a very easy day, but a very fun day....aren't they all hahaha.

Waterfall Reachin By Geobuzzbee

http://coord.info/GC31HCY

So the time had come again for myself and caching partner Jules to come back down and attempt this cache again. We had failed this one in April but didn't really try hard enough....Today armed with wellies, shorts, sandals, flippers, snorkels (hehe ok maybe not all) we were back and were not going to take no for an answer....So a quick change opposite church and we were ready for some wild wet fun, we didn't bother taking GPSr as we knew where we were going, but after a fair few minutes search we decided that we really needed to read a hint as we weren't getting very far. So I emptied half the stream out of my wellies and we climbed back up the bank and headed back to the car together to grab a GPSr and a quick warm  up as the water was so cold.

Smiling but very cold...

We read what we needed to know and set back off all giggly just like the big kids that we are and were ready for round 2....and boy were we ready. We almost went in head first as we were so determined, the water was so cold that our ears were hurting after being under water for quite a bit

I secretly began doubting we would find it and then of course my fantastic caching partner found it, we made a bit too much hard work of this but you are definately going to get wet searching hehehe.


Yay, it's in the bag.Well done partner!

An absolutely brilliant cache and some of the most fun we have ever had together, even though I ruined my camera videoing us as it fell in the stream.
We got back to the car and shielded each other so we could get wet clothes off and dry clothes on, we must've looked a right pair haha.

A new trend?...I doubt it!

Completely drenched hehehe


We stayed in car with a coffee each for a good 20 minutes or so just to dry out properly before moving on.



We then did a cache which was a few yards away from where we were parked opposite the church before heading off to do a few more.
The Waterfall was definately the highlight of the day and we then went to a chippy for a bit to eat before heading back home.



Total smilies bagged =7



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great fun blog to read, love to read blogs as much as I love to write them, that looks a very exciting cache to gain :) Hopefully it will not rain so I can take myself, geokid and partner to a wet cache at the weekend... just so they can hold my gadgets of course :) Keep blogging I will keep reading :)

    http://cachethemoonbeam.wordpress.com/cache-challenges/

    ReplyDelete